Kam-Way transportation is seeking to hire a detail oriented individual to fill their Accounting Specialist role. This is a dynamic role that requires someone capable of multitasking, customer relations and time management. The role will be focused on accurately processing POD’s, billing Customers and paying Carriers.
Here at Kam-Way Transportation we know that it is our skilled and dedicated team that makes us successful. We offer an excellent compensation package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- 95% of Medical & Life premium paid upon eligibility
- Dental & other voluntary benefits
- PTO and holiday pay
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located at our corporate office in Blaine, WA (appx 2 hrs North of Seattle). This is NOT a remote opportunity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, verify, compare, and match PODs with information in TMW system
- Contact carriers to retrieve missed pieces of received PODs
- Assures timely and accurate invoicing
- Makes recommendations to improve quality of invoicing procedures
- Process accounts payable invoices on daily basis using Great Plains and TMW software
- Verify various information such as but not limited to, carrier names, freight costs, TCH advances, to ensure accuracy for payment
- Perform combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to maintain record in accuracy by using journals and ledgers or computer.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Weekly filing of payable documents for safe keeping, and code documents for files according to company procedures.
- Maintain good relationship with Customers and Carriers, communicate effectively with customer service, and all internal departments.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Carry out established rules and policies to ensure consistency in standard, and to protect company interests
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credits are received for outstanding memos.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions, and applying deduction basing on instruction.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential internally and externally
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 year’s work experience in a similar capacity.
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Collections experience a plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office and experience in use of Outlook, Word and Excel is a definite asset.
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services to both Customers and Carriers. This includes Customer/Carrier needs assessment and meeting quality standards for services.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Being among the industry leaders in transportation logistics, we have exciting opportunities in operations and administration.
When you join the Kam-Way family, we provide the tools to succeed in technology, training and a commitment to your professional development within our organization. If you enjoy working in a fast paced ever changing environment with competitive pay and excellent benefits, then consider applying to Kam-Way Transportation.
We look forward to hearing from you!!
TO APPLY DIRECTLY, please visit https://kamwaytransportation.b...
All candidates who receive an offer of employment are required to undergo a background screen and drug test as a condition of employment.
Kam-way Transportation provides equal employment opportunities EEO to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kam-way Transportation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.