SUMMARY: This role will be responsible for managing the corporate accounts of various customers. Review the billing for accuracy, closing of the loads by inputting the data into the systems accurately and updating customer’s spreadsheet for billing before the accounting cycle. Managing and directing the Driver Yard Hostlers, responsible for the scheduling and assigning of loads and oversee the loads for successful completion.
- Days: Sunday – Thursday (Nights/Weekends on call)
- Hours: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Navigate and become fully efficient in Kam-way’s operating system- TMW
- Input loads from the beginning to load completion
- Close out loads and support A/R in securing necessary documents to invoice.
- Contact the necessary customer / contact to update on rail containers.
- Reaching out to necessary vendors to schedule loading appointments.
- Facilitate the needs customer to ensure there are empty trailers available for storage.
- Readily available on call to all customers’ needs as this role is responsible for responding to customer service issues and resolving matters in a timely manner.
- Ensure we are providing excellent customer service by replying quickly (target time within 20 minute window) to your assigned customers
- Review all loads and ensure they are able to deliver on time service
- Develop document, with leadership, policies and procedures for the accounts in your responsibility.
- Process customs border paper work for the team
- Transition all after hours items to evening and weekend dispatch
- Audit driver pay on a weekly basis to assist payroll in ensuring drivers are paid out accurately
- Other duties as assigned by leader to meet business needs
- Directing, assigning Driver Yard Hostlers managing the team of drivers ensuring they are carrying out expectations and holding accountability. The ability to positively coach and build the team successes as well document progressive performance discipline with team members as needed
- Remain in frequent communication with clients to ensure their needs are being met (this may require some afterhours / weekend attention to work email & phone calls)
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Under Graduate in Business or Management experience preferred
- Dispatching and Customer Service experience.
- Preferred thorough knowledge of fleet management and logistics.
- Proficient with Microsoft office software
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in an fast paced, community environment
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL EFFORT:
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking up to 15% of the time. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
**Any list of essential functions is not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented, or otherwise revised by the employer, at its sole discretion.
Kam-way Transportation provides equal employment opportunities EEO to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kam-way Transportation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.