Carrier Specialist, WA
This role is responsible for procuring freight from customers at a profitable price. Build the acquired load by inputting the data into TMW with accurate information and then secure a profitable qualified carrier to move the freight legally and within the customer’s guidelines.
Here at Kam-Way Transportation we know that it is our skilled and dedicated team that makes us successful. We offer an excellent compensation package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- 95% of Medical & Life premium paid upon eligibility
- Dental & other voluntary benefits
- PTO and holiday pay
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Have the ability to navigate efficiently in Kam-Way’s operating system- TMW
• Maintain a positive and professional demeanor under stressful circumstances.
• Research market trends and prioritize load assignments by customer and carrier preferences.
• Must ensure available truck list for following day is sent to Teams before ending shift.
• Ensure carrier is compliant with agreed special instructions on the rate confirmation and carrier contract, and follows Kam-Ways protocol
• Have the knowledge to process carrier setup and verify insurance paper work.
• Provide customer sales team with details of carriers on the road
• Monitor the marketplace for changes in the industry (seasonality, fuel, lane rates, etc.)
• Provide feedback on challenges to the Team Leads
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately recall information
• Ability to input loads from scratch with updated rates from the customers
• Prioritize loads that require PAPS, PARS, ACI, & ACE and complete or delegate the tasks to guarantee completion.
• Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Dispatching and Customer Service experience.
• Thorough knowledge of fleet management and logistics.
• Budget development and oversight experience.
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Proficient in Microsoft Applications: Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
Bilingual in Russian, Spanish or Punjabi is preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Being among the industry leaders in transportation logistics, we have exciting opportunities in operations and administration.
When you join the Kam-Way family, we provide the tools to succeed in technology, training and a commitment to your professional development within our organization. If you enjoy working in a fast paced ever changing environment with competitive pay and excellent benefits, then consider applying to Kam-Way Transportation.
We look forward to hearing from you!!
This position is located at our corporate office in Blaine, WA (appx 2 hrs North of Seattle). This is NOT a remote opportunity.
Please apply by submitting your resume to https://kamwaytransportation.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=23
All candidates who receive an offer of employment are required to undergo a background screen and drug test as a condition of employment.
Kam-way Transportation provides equal employment opportunities EEO to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kam-way Transportation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.