Diesel Mechanic, CA
The Diesel Mechanic will work with the maintenance shop staff performing preventative maintenance and light repairs on our fleet of trucks and trailers. Will include all aspect of truck maintenance to include: tire repair, tune-up, brakes, APU, trailer reefer units, PeopleNet and other projects as assigned. The Diesel Mechanic will be reporting directly to Maintenance Manager. Maintenance Technician is responsible for inputting the data into TMT with accurate and timely work order repair information.
- Perform annual inspections on all tractors and trailers
- Perform daily yard check and daily shop check in a systematic manner
- Create work orders for every maintenance job
- Inventory spare parts and keep records up to date
- Document all maintenance done on work orders and update TMT timely & correctly
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
- Perform all levels of preventative maintenance services on trucks such as: checking batteries, lubricating equipment and machinery
- Lube and repair trailer equipment
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area cleanliness, appearance and safety precautions
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral communications
- Prioritize and handle multiple projects while being punctual
- Interact professionally with internal and external customs on all levels
- Inform supervisor with current up-to-date information on repair status and possible delays
- Possess a mechanical aptitude with the willingness to learn and take direction from Management.
- Ability to accurately document repair procedures
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Must be able make concerted effort to work as a team member in a diverse workplace
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional and ethical standards
- Minimum 1-year experience with tractor and trailer maintenance
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Diesel Engine Technology/Vocational certification preferred
- Freightliner Cascadia Expert Certification preferred, not required
- Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems, Microsoft Suite familiarity
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations required
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform thee essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
**Any list of essential functions is not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented, or revised by the employer, at its’ sole discretion.Apply Now