Driver Manager-Bilingual Punjabi
- Fluent in Punjabi is preferred and highly valued
Managing assigned company drivers and owner operators reporting directly to the Regional Operations Manager, this role is responsible for directing drivers. Including Following processes and inputting data into TMW with accurate information, and completing driver pay records for weekly payroll.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage driver’s pickup and delivery schedules to customers or vendors.
- Dispatch drivers for shipment pick-ups and deliveries.
- Monitor driver's schedules, keep track of substitute drivers, and assign them to routes when they are needed.
- Track and manage drivers, as well as keep in touch with drivers who are on the road.
- Interacts with the driver to address any concerns or route changes
- Hold drivers accountable for their assignments and meeting company standards through documentation and discipline via performance improvement plans to include up to the extent of termination of employment.
- Complete computer work to ensure drivers are paid accurately and timely.
- Complete any disciplinary actions with drivers to ensure company policies are being followed. (advise Operations Manager if any disciplinary action is needed and provide documentation of issues)
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree
- Thorough knowledge of fleet management and logistics, 3 years minimum experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in an fast paced, community environment
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL EFFORT:
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking up to 15% of the time. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Job Type: Full-timeapply now