It takes more than great drivers to keep Kam-Way Transportation's wheels turning!
Kam-Way Transportation, is looking for a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our high energy recruiting team.
This is a fast-paced transportation position offering great potential for a committed individual with a competitive drive and passion to succeed. This position recruits, interviews, checks references/driving history and makes orientation invitations to approved truck drivers.
This is an in-house position at our Sumner, WA location.
Development and implementation of driver recruitment, and driver orientation in the Sumner WA facility. Work with the compliance team in the development of the processes to ensure only qualified drivers are on boarded into the organization. A successful implementation of driver recruitment and orientation is expected within the first 30 to 60 days of hire. Coach team members in the understanding and following of DOT/OSHA/Local authority rules and regulations. Update leadership team with daily/weekly KPI reports.
- Explore creative methods of sourcing qualified contractors and company Drivers.
- Conduct telephone and personal interviews daily with prospective candidates.
- Complete background checks including personal records, MVR, and DAC reports.
- Review and process applications of prospective hires and determine if the applicant is qualified.
- Complete pre-hire files and paperwork on applicants. Maintain complete files on non-hired contractors and company Drivers, as appropriate.
- Track calls generated from all forms of advertising.
- Explain the company’s operating policy and safety standards and work with drivers or applicants who present issues.
- Set up and manage travel arrangements for new hires.
- Maintain standards as outlined by Kam-Way Transportation policy and standards in regards to the hiring of drivers.
- Work with leadership team to define, implement, and conduct driver orientation across company dry van/ temp control, and Owner Operators
- Manage Classroom environment, analyze results and identify gaps in training needs. Provide feedback to leadership.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years of combine work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of fleet management and logistics.
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in an fast paced, community environment
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSCIAL EFFORT:
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking up to 15% of the time. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
May require occasional travel between the Sumner, WA location and the Blaine, WA corporate offices.
Any list of essential functions is not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented, or otherwise revised by the employer, at its sole discretion.
Job Type: Full-time Kam-Way Transportation provides equal employment opportunities EEO to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kam-way Transportation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.