Reporting directly to the Team Lead, this role will be responsible for ensuring the customer freight is picked up and delivered at the accurate location within the time frame assigned. The Logistic Specialist is responsible for providing effective customer service to Kam-Way’s customers by using excellent, detailed reporting of the load in transit.
- Hourly Position #1 - Logistics Specialist (Customer Service focus) Days: Monday – Friday Hours: 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Hourly Position #2- Logistics Specialist (Dispatch focus) Days: Monday – Friday Hours: 6:00 am – 3:30 pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Possess the ability to navigate and is fully efficient in Kam-Way’s operating system- TMW
- Ability to work very closely with Carrier Sales and Account Executive to ensure on time delivery.
- Ability to input loads from scratch and determine necessary changes for service requests.
- Book pickup and delivery appointments as per Customer Requirements.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times. Contact, track and record progress on freight being moved, and accurately check calls in TMW
- Contact assigned customers and give daily updates on freight being moved.
- Responsible for requesting dentations/ layovers from the customer when needed
- Provide specific monthly reports to Team Lead regarding detentions, layovers, rejections and claims
- Have the knowledge, or ability to learn how, to process customs border paperwork for the team and Prioritize loads that require PAPS, PARS, ACI, & ACE
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Education and Work Experience
- Strong customer service skills; ability to diffuse client frustrations.
- Thorough knowledge of fleet management and logistics.
- Exceptional attention to detail oriented tasks.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications: Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
Working Conditions / Physical Effort
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking up to 15% of the time. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Any list of essential functions is not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented, or otherwise revised by the employer, at its sole discretion.
Kam-way Transportation provides equal employment opportunities EEO to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kam-way Transportation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.