Kam-way Transportation is seeking an experienced Maintenance Manager
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of truck fleet maintenance management experience, truck and trailer maintenance and managing maintenance operations with a large commercial fleet. Strong knowledge and experience with AS400 maintenance management software required. Hands on experience maintaining equipment and solid PM programs. This position will oversee 75-100 trucks and trailers, including the maintenance shop and tank wash.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Company 401k program
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Excellent Work Environment
Has a firm working knowledge of truck repair and maintenance. This position requires experienced skills, including developing and implementing service and maintenance programs for all truck drivers and truck mechanics to follow ensuring that trucks and trailers don’t need to be taken out of service during the busiest times of the trucking season. This position also responsible for tracking annual budget for the maintenance department, managing parts control, shop floor personnel and all time schedules for service and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete maintenance overview
- Coordinate maintenance of equipment of driver schedule with Dispatch Team
- Check for tractors getting scheduled for service on timely manner
- Check for tractor / trailers getting scheduled for annual inspection on time and are up to date
- Order Parts as needed for the shop
- Maintain and assign the weekly schedule for the employees
- Review employees time cards and approve accordingly for Mechanics & Maintenance
- Complete Maintenance of Truck and Trailers and approval on the invoices that require payment.
- Maintain Parts Inventory /log up to date and enter them in AMS
- Work with the various team members to ensure and maintain the maintenance system.
- Work on FMSCA reviews and audits pertaining to Maintenance
- E Log compliance- ensuring all the trucks are setup with E Logs
- Work order periodization planning and on when to use an outside vendor
- Measuring work order completions status based on time spent
- Your team development, holding accountability to their deliverables, responsible for their performance management and constructive coaching as needed, expectations exchange, positive encouragement. Direct feedback
- Breakdown process, training, talking to service writers
- Maintenance pre-trip inspections, damage reporting, payroll, paperwork and POD requirements.
- Truck related knowledge information, Regen, TripPak, fuel locations, Load securement, reefer use, DEF system, automatic transmission
- Driver Incoming call for issues and concerns- in regards to truck break down, trailer repairs, log book issues.
- Work with team to create policies and procedures as needed
Education and Experience:
- Preferred a minimum of Bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years of combine work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of fleet management and logistics.
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in an fast pace, community environment
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
Working Conditions / Physical:
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
While essential duties will be performed in an office environment, time will also be spent in the shop around machinery
Kam-way Transportation provides equal employment opportunities EEO to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kam-way Transportation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.