Wheels to Success!
It takes more than great drivers to keep Kam-Way Transportation's wheels turning.
Being among the industry leaders in transportation logistics, we have exciting opportunities in operations and administration.
When you join the Kam-Way family, we provide the tools to succeed in technology, training and a commitment to your professional development within our organization. If you enjoy working in a fast paced ever changing environment with competitive pay and excellent benefits, then consider applying to Kam-Way Transportation.
This is a day shift position: 7am-4pm but with the requirement to work at lease alternate Saturdays
We look forward to hearing from you!!
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located at our corporate office in Blaine, WA (appx 2 hrs North of Seattle). This is NOT a remote opportunity.
Reporting to Order Management Lead, this role will be responsible for entering load data, and routing trucks. The Order Management role plays an integral part within our organization to maintain and execute load information while supporting office duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter new load information received to the transportation management system (TMS)
- Maintain accurate data integrity within TMS
- As needed, enter updates in to TMS quickly and accurately, communicate changes.
- Validate pickup/delivery locations received from the customer
- Validate PO, Pick up numbers and product availability with pick up locations
- Setup appointments with the pick-up locations
- Follow up with scheduled appointment requests and reschedules and communicate changes.
- Route trucks in the transportation system to maximize travel distance and profitability
- Communicate all loads in jeopardy to the carrier sales and customer teams
- Manage all EDI failures to ensure orders are processed within the system
- Enter orders based on EDI failures received
- Work with the carrier and sales team to route the trucks based on truck location
- Provide management with feedback on delivery based on routing
- Work closely with other team members to cross train responsibilities
- Monitor any discrepancies in pallet count to ensure truck is not overweight
- Experience in the transportation field is desired – Minimum of a high school diploma.
- Ability to read EDI (Electronic Data Interface) transactions preferred but willing to train the right person.
- Kam-Way Transportation mainly utilizes Microsoft office tools, advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office modules will be a requirement.
- Active listening -Providing full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Time Management — Role requires the individual to be able to multi-task, managing one's own time is essential.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor under stressful circumstances.
- Must show attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a respectful professional environment.
- Dependability —Position requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable while meeting the positions obligations.
- Cooperation — Position requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Social Orientation — Job requires working in a team environment rather than alone.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSCIAL EFFORT:
General office work environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking up to 15% of the time. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Any list of essential functions is not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented, or otherwise revised by the employer, at its sole discretion.
Here at Kam-Way Transportation we know that it is our skilled and dedicated team that makes us successful. We offer an excellent compensation package which includes a competitive salary, and upon eligibility, Medical & Life, optional dental and vision, 401K, PTO and holiday pay.
Kam-way Transportation provides equal employment opportunities EEO to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kam-way Transportation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Apply Now