Safety Assistant (Spokane, WA)
The Safety Assistant will be responsible for a variety of tasks including auditing driver reports, managing all driver files, assessing all in-cab driver footage, managing the incident and accident claims, enforcing all policy and procedure violations, managing workers comp claims, and keeping the fleet current with all Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) updates.
This position is located in Spokane, Washington
MUST be available after-hours for emergencies
Here at Kam-Way Transportation we know that it is our skilled and dedicated team that makes us successful. We offer an excellent compensation package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- 95% of Medical & Life premium paid upon eligibility
- Dental & other voluntary benefits
- PTO and holiday pay
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Ensure compliance with FMCSA, DOT, OSHA, and any other State regulations and laws.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and trucking industry processes; may assist the Safety Manager with write-ups.
- Investigate accidents involving company trucks, determine causes of accidents, etc. Report or review findings from accident investigations to the Safety Manager.
- Monitor and evaluate driver performance based on reports.
- Pull and analyze MVR reports obtained annually.
- Pull and analyze annual FMCSA Clearinghouse Reports.
- Maintain accident records and any other Safety reports.
- Train new drivers in orientation in such matters as Safety policies, ELD training and best practices regarding use of equipment and driving hazards including minimizing risk of injury while on the job.
- Monitor all Drug and Alcohol Program Needs
- Monitor all CDL and Medical Card Renewals
- Complete pre-hire files and paperwork on applicants. Maintain Driver Files (hired and non-hired drivers)
- Data Entry
- Daily Phone Calls and Emails
- Assist drivers with PeopleNet issues/ ELD issues and Training if needed.
- Travels home with a computer and cell phone provided by the company in case of after-hour Safety emergencies.
- Occasional travel between company locations.
- Other duties assigned as business needs require.
- MUST be available after-hours for emergencies
While most duties of the job will be within the office setting, occasionally working around semi-trucks, trailers, and other machinery will be required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of related experience in Transportation Safety.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technology skills (including google suite)
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and independently
- Ability to be a self-starter to find opportunities for development.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSCIAL EFFORT:
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and walking up to 15% of the time. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Any list of essential functions is not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented, or otherwise revised by the employer, at its sole discretion. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
Being among the industry leaders in transportation logistics, we have exciting opportunities in operations and administration. When you join the Kam-Way family, we provide the tools to succeed in technology, training and a commitment to your professional development within our organization. If you enjoy working in a fast paced ever changing environment with competitive pay and excellent benefits, then consider applying to Kam-Way Transportation.
All candidates who receive an offer of employment are required to undergo a background screen and drug test as a condition of employment.
Kam-way Transportation provides equal employment opportunities EEO to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kam-way Transportation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.