Shop Foreman will hire and train employees ensuring equipment is being inspected, repaired, and all maintenance is completed on tractors and trailers in compliance with the DOT/FMCSA Standards. Supervises all mechanics on staff to make sure repairs are done correctly, safely, and in a timely manner. Takes after hours maintenance/breakdown calls, decides and completes best action for repair. Manages parts ordering and inventory.
Shift Expectations are: Regular Shift M-F 7:00AM-3:30 PM, Nights and Weekends on call as needed
Here at Kam-Way Transportation we know that it is our skilled and dedicated team that makes us successful. We offer an excellent compensation package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- 95% of Medical & Life premium paid upon eligibility
- Dental & other voluntary benefits
- PTO and holiday pay
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs safety check on all repairs done in shop by mechanics to confirm completeness
- Provides guidance and direction to all mechanics on staff
- Direct and manage team accordingly, ensuring work is being completed timely and accurate
- Provides training to mechanics when needed
- Perform physical inspections of equipment in yard
- Perform repairs as needed on tractors and trailers
- Routinely inspect all shop equipment and work area to maintain a safe environment for employees
- Maintain Accurate Records on all company owned equipment and updating the transportation management software as necessary
- Document all maintenance done with work orders
- Assist Maintenance Manager to implement shop procedures and policies through positive example and instruction to others
- Manage part inventory and purchasing as needed while under supervision of Maintenance
- Communicate with drivers on repairs needed
- Communicate with senior management on equipment repairs
- Ensure team of mechanics is utilizing time correctly and efficiently
- Carries out supervisory duties as team lead, including performance appraisals, coaching and disciplinary actions
- Takes after hour emergency calls and makes decision on best course of action for repair
- Other duties as assigned
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of diesel mechanics.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Federal and State DOT Regulations, especially the
- DOT's Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, with the ability to direct and achieve priorities, goals, and strategies
- Minimum 3 years of Supervisory skills and abilities
- Perform Annual Inspections on equipment
- Perform maintenance on CMV and trailers
- Knowledge of work orders and inventory management experience.
- Documentation skills
- Preferred Knowledge of TMT, PeopleNet, Thermo king Software and Sperion.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Being among the industry leaders in transportation logistics, we have exciting opportunities in operations and administration.
When you join the Kam-Way family, we provide the tools to succeed in technology, training and a commitment to your professional development within our organization. If you enjoy working in a fast paced ever changing environment with competitive pay and excellent benefits, then consider applying to Kam-Way Transportation.
We look forward to hearing from you!!
TO APPLY DIRECTLY, please visit https://kamwaytransportation.b...
All candidates who receive an offer of employment are required to undergo a background screen and drug test as a condition of employment.
Kam-way Transportation provides equal employment opportunities EEO to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kam-way Transportation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.